At HCA, we believe every child has been fearfully and wonderfully made by God.
We celebrate God's unique design and rejoice in His goodness displayed in and throughout the lives of our students. We recognize that each student is unique and contributes individual talents and skill sets into the classroom. HCA understands that learning and thinking differences may impact how a student receives, understands and produces information.
We believe all students should be able to access learning and have worked to build our services to meet those educational needs. Due to this belief, we are committed to accepting students whose profiles fall within our current services of support to assist and develop confident and empowered learners.
student profile description
- Range from average to gifted in intelligence.
- May have difficulty with cognitive processing (processing speed, working, short-term and long-term memory deficits) or executive functioning skills.
- Benefit from receiving academic services within the general education classroom.
- Are successful with standard classroom and testing accommodations.
- Need specific strategies to assist learning differences, but do not require modification of content.
Our Enrichment Services include access to our Enrichment Center, Enrichment electives/courses, and provision of accommodations, but do not include related medical, behavioral, or health management services.
Our Enrichment team works with families to build a learning plan that addresses each student’s learning profile. The intent is to level the playing field so that students can flourish in a demanding academic environment by showing what they know, understand, and are able to do.