Dr. James Taylor Announced as Hebron Christian Academy’s Head of School
Dacula, GA: The Hebron Christian Academy Board of Directors is pleased to announce Dr. James Taylor as the new Head of School, effective July 1, 2020. “James is a proven, confident leader with a demonstrated history of building meaningful relationships in a community of teaching and learning,” says Scottie Johns, Chairman of the Board. Dr. Taylor will be moving to Hebron from Calvary Day School in Savannah, GA.
Dr. James Taylor brings many years of leadership experience, including:
- Launched an Academic Enrichment Program allowing kids with special educational needs to receive a Christian education.
- Restructured and expanded the Board of Advisers promoting growth, professionalism,
- Directed the improvement of the school’s SAT/ACT scores to the top 5% of the nation.
- Received the Blue Ribbon of Excellence in 2017 through the National Department of Education in Washington, DC.
- Developed a STEM Program changing the approach to education in every class.
- Started an annual Spiritual Emphasis Week and witnessed hundreds of kids (and often their family members) accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior over the past 15 years.
Dr. Taylor holds a B.A. in English from Messiah College, where he was the Pennsylvania Student Teacher of the Year in 1993, an M.A. in Literature from Bridgewater State University, an Ed.S. in Educational Leadership from Bridgewater State University and an Ed.D. in Educational Administration from Georgia Southern University.