Hebron Christian Academy - Student Government
"There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something, you do it only when it is convenient. When you are committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." - Ken Blanchard
Elected members of the Hebron Christian Student Government Association do more than just represent the student body. HCSG is responsible for shaping much of the student experience at Hebron Christian Academy. This highly active and visible organization serves the entire student body by sponsoring and organizing activities that range from service projects to dances. HCSG works closely with other student clubs in support of many school activities. Student Government participants will be approved to run through a combination of teacher recommendations, administrative/faculty input, and interview process. Final selection for each position will be finalized by student body vote.
Though elected students are responsible for planning events and fostering school spirit, much of what Student Government is about is looking within and learning leadership skills. Participation in student government will foster in students a better understanding of themselves and their capacity for leadership; to create an understanding of the importance of leadership in a democratic society; and to prepare students to assume leadership roles in the future.
As elected student body leaders, each member of Student Government is to set an appropriate example for others at all times (both in an outside the classroom). You will be required to promote school spirit and pride, attend student government activities, be a team player, be positive, and be willing to go the extra mile. Students may be placed on probation for the following reasons: cumulative grade point in good standing, violation of a level 3 or 4 infraction in the student code of conduct, and inappropriate use of social media (at the discretion of the executive council and administration).
Student Government is a fun, energetic and active student association and we are excited that you want to be part of it.
Every member of the student body government is expected to:
- Be on time to all meetings (tardiest and absences will impact your standing in HCSGA).
- Attend a minimum of five HCA activities each term.
- Attends set ups and cleanups for HCSGA events.
- Communicate with others and advisor especially when conflicts arise.
- Adapt to any committee or co-chair assignments given.
- Is proactive. Does not waste time.
- In good standing, academically.
Student Body Job Descriptions
Student Body President
- Function as a ‘leader’ among ‘leaders’
- Lead meetings
- Prepares meeting agendas
- Facilitates meeting discussions
- Ensures a quorum
- Calls special meetings
- Leads executive council meetings
- Maintains contact with HCSGA advisor and class advisors
- Participates in HCSGA events and activities
- Oversees all committees
- Oversees class presidents
- Responsible for all leadership positions
Student Body Vice President
- Works closely with president on all presidential duties
- Assumes President’s duties when needed, asked, or required
- Oversees Student Body Secretary/Treasurer, Public Relations Director and Chaplin
- Participates in HCSG events and activities
- Oversee class vice presidents
Student Body Secretary/Treasurer
- Keep an account of minutes at every meeting
- Keep an accurate account of attendance at every meeting
- Help maintain files
- Maintain contact information for people those working with student government
- Oversee expenses and revenues
- Maintain an accurate and detailed financial records.
- Give monetary advice
- Authorize payment/deposits
- Work with President and Vice President in preparing calendar and budget
- Oversee class secretary/treasurers
Student Body Public Relations Director
- Obtains approval for events and works with central office in getting all events on the school wide calendar
- Keep student body informed of events
- Oversee class pubic relation directors
- Support and encourage the development of student life (find & develop creative ways to connect with peers in a spiritual manner).
- Create and develop discipleship in a comfortable environment
- Provide leadership through service, example and emphasis on the Christian walk.
- Encourage others to use their spiritual gifts for ministry.
- Assist with planning chapels
- Oversee class chaplains