HCA’s Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Grandparent’s Day will be celebrated on Friday, April 25. We look forward to welcoming these special guests to our campus so that we can honor them for the support they give and the love they have shown to our students. Breakfast begins at 8:30am with a program to follow shortly. Early release begins at 12:00pm for K-12.
Spring Musical - HCA’s
award-winning Directors and Cast are pleased to present Stephen
Sondheim’s classic musical, Into the Woods.
This play is a modern twist on the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy
tales in a musical format that follows the classic tales of
Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and
Rapunzel-all tied together by an original story involving a baker
and his wife, their wish to begin a family and their interaction
with the witch who has put a curse on them. The Baker and his wife
endeavor to lift their family curse by journeying into the woods,
where they encounter classic fairy tale characters, and they all
must learn the responsibility that comes with getting what you
want. Into the Woods is a music lover's delight from start to
Tickets are $10 per adult and $5 per student. Special rate of $5 for senior citizens on Saturday, April 26 at the 1:00pm matinee.
Showtimes are as follows:
Tuesday, April 22 at 6:00pm
Thursday, April 24 at 6:00pm
Friday, April 25 at 7:00pm
Saturday, April 26 at 1:00pm and 7:00pm
- The 2014 Junior/Senior Prom, “A Night to Remember,” will be held on Saturday, May 3, 2014 at the Buford Community Center, 2200 Buford Hwy., from 8:00-11:00pm. Please view the prom flyer (PDF) for more information, including the Dress Code Agreement, which must be signed by all students.
Relay for Life Casual Days at HCA!
The National Honor Society will send a team to Gwinnett Relay for
Life on May 9. As a fundraiser for cancer, there will be a Relay
for Life casual day on the following days: Tuesday, April 22 and
Wednesday, May 7. Money will be collected during homeroom.
- Regular Casual $2 (MS to dress spirit casual)
- Non-Uniform Shoes $1 (no flip flops)
- Hats $1
- Camp Invention is coming to HCA! The 2014 camp dates are June 9-12 from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Register your rising 1st through 6th grade child at www.campinvention.org by May 16 and save $15 (use promo code SPRING). Each registrant will receive a free Camp Invention T-Shirt. Please view the Camp Invention Flyer for more information. If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Hardigree, HCA Camp Invention Director, at CHardigree@HebronLions.org.
- Open Enrollment is underway for the 2014-2015 school year! All students must re-enroll online. New student applications are currently being processed. Re-enroll NOW to secure your student’s enrollment for next year. Spaces will fill very quickly!
What to do with old school uniforms?
Put them to good use by donating uniforms that no longer conform
to the HCA Dress Code policy. On the MS/HS campus, please send any
uniform items that you would like to discard to your student’s
math teacher. On the Elementary Campus, please place the items in
a bin located in the gym. All items should be in bags, with no
hangers. We are developing a “sister school” relationship with the
Village of Hope children in Liberia, and providing the students
with uniforms will be a blessing to them.
- Boxtops and Campbell’s/Tyson Soup Labels – Remember to save your boxtops, and Campbell’s and Tyson labels. We are collecting labels on all campuses. These programs support the school by providing cash payouts, as well as educational supplies for the teachers.