HCA's Extended Day Program
The HCA Extended Day Program (EDP) provides a high quality program for K-8 students who need before and/or after school care. Students enjoy participating in various activities such as computer time, games, art, and sports/recreational activities in a supervised Christian environment. The afternoon program offers homework supervision and provides a snack. The EDP will follow the HCA 2017-2018 School Year Calendar (PDF).
Parents must complete the following required forms each school year. All forms are required for each participating student. Parents are responsible for making sure all contact, medical, and other pertinent information is up to date.
Required Enrollment Forms (per each student):
EDP Enrollment Form (PDF)
Transportation Authorization Form (PDF)
Hours, Procedures, and Information
- EDP morning hours begin at 7:00am until the school day begins.
- Parents should park and bring their student(s) to the EDP building to sign them in. Curb side drop-off is not permitted.
- There are no scheduled activities during morning hours. Students may complete homework, read, or eat breakfast which they bring from home.
- EDP afternoon hours begin at the end of the school day until 6:00pm.
- Parents will pick up their student(s) in the EDP building. Students must be signed out by a parent or other authority with prior approval.
- Students on the Middle School campus are transported by bus to the EDP located on the Elementary campus. A Scheduled Transportation Authorization Form (PDF) is required for each student who will be transported. Additionally, a Private Transportation Release Form (PDF) is required in the event a student must be transported by an EDP staff member.
- Snacks are provided – usually two food choices each day and water. Parents may pack a drink and/or alternative snack.
- EDP will be available on Early Release days. Please see Early Release Days: HCA 2017-2018 School Year Calendar (PDF)
- Registration Fee (non-refundable) - $25.00
- EDP Fees
|EDP Hours||Weekly||Daily (Drop-In)|
|Before School only – 7:00-7:45 a.m.||$25 first child, $20 each additional sibling||$5 first child, $5 each additional sibling|
|After School only – 2:50-6:00 p.m.||$65 first child, $55 each additional sibling||$25 first child, $20 each additional sibling|
|Before and After School||$80 first child, $65 each additional sibling||$30 first child, $25 each additional sibling|
* Weekly fees will be charged regardless of the number of days attended. Daily (Drop-In) fees will be charged regardless of the number of hours attended.
- Late EDP Pick-Up Fees (must be paid at time of pick
- Parents arriving after 6:00pm will be charged a fee of $25 per fifteen minutes, or any part of fifteen minutes, per family.
- Parents arriving after 6:30pm will be charged a fee of
$50, plus an additional $1 per minute, per family.
- Late Carpool Pick-Up Fees (must be paid at time of
For late pick up of carpool students who are taken to the EDP, a fee of $10 per fifteen minutes, or any part of fifteen minutes, will be charged for each child, until the Daily Drop-In fee of $20 first child, $15 each additional sibling is met.
- Early Release Fees
- Students enrolled full time in the EDP will be charged a lunch fee of $5.
- Drop-In students will be charged the regular Drop-In fee of $25 daily for first child, $20 daily for each additional sibling, plus a lunch fee of $5.
- Parents will be billed through FACTS on the 15th and 30th of each month.
Good behavior is important to everyone in daily life. Certain behaviors are expected from students involved in the HCA Extended Day Program, and following rules promotes a good learning experience that is safe and secure for all involved. When a child ignores or disregards rules, everyone’s experience is diminished. Parents will be notified of unacceptable behavior of a student, and if a student’s behavior becomes a continuous problem, appropriate action will be taken.
Students are permitted to bring electronic devices such as cell phones, mp3 players, and digital/video games. Personal items may be brought with the understanding that such items are the responsibility of the student. Damaged, lost, or stolen items are not the responsibility of HCA or the HCA Extended Day Staff.
Jackets, backpacks, lunchboxes, and other items left at the end of the day will be placed in the EDP Lost & Found Box. Parents are encouraged to frequently check lost and found. Periodically, any items not claimed will be donated.
To withdraw a student from the Extended Day Program, an EDP Withdrawal Form (PDF) must be completed and submitted to the EDP Coordinator. Once a Withdrawal Form is completed and submitted, charges will no longer apply.
On occasion, it may be necessary to send children home early to avoid serious weather conditions. Parents need to be prepared to pick up their student(s) at the EDP building. If it is necessary to close the Extended Day Program early due to inclement weather, parents will be notified via email and contacted by phone regarding important details.
Questions or concerns please contact:
Belinda Nation, EDP Coordinator