Faith Statement of Hebron Christian
- We believe in one God Who exists in three persons as - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The Trinity consists of these three persons who are one but distinct in function, although the Three are always in complete harmony with each other. He is infinite in wisdom and power and is completely sovereign over all creation (Matt. 18:29; John 10:30; I John 5:7-8)
- We believe in Jesus Christ, who is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16). He was born of a virgin (Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:18) and conceived by the Holy Spirit (Matt. 1:18; Luke 1:35). He was born as the perfect God/man - that is, wholly God and wholly man (John 1:14; Col. 2:9). Jesus Christ lived a sinless life (Heb. 4:15; I Pet. 2:22), died for the atonement of lost man and was victoriously raised from the dead in a bodily resurrection (Luke 24). He lives eternally with the Father and will one-day return to reclaim His church - His bride (Luke 1:32-33; Titus 2:13; Rev 20:4-6).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity. He is God Who indwells the heart of redeemed man and works to bring the saint into the fullness of the will of God. The Holy Spirit draws man into salvation and convicts of sin. He is totally divine and equal with the Father and the Son (John 14:26; Rom. 8:26; I Cor. 6:19).
- We believe the biblical story of creation. All things were created by God through Jesus Christ exactly as revealed in the Genesis account. Adam and Eve were literal historical figures placed in the Garden by God. Adam was given the position of representing man in the Garden, and with his fall passed the sin nature onto all who have been born thereafter. (Gen. 1:1 Ps. 33:6-9; Ps. 148:3-5)
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God. It is without error in its originals and is God’s total and complete revelation to man. The Bible is the final authority of all matters as far as the truth of God is concerned. It cannot be interpreted apart from the illumination of the Holy Spirit, but when so interpreted with His illumination the reader will find that all aspects of the truth of the Word is in complete harmony (Ps. 12:26; Is. 40:8; II Tim. 3:16).
- We believe that salvation is possible only through the Person of Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit draws and convicts sinful man to repentance and total faith in Christ. Upon salvation through Christ, man is redeemed. His account is settled and his name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. God will then protect and direct the saint, and through the power of God the redeemed sinner will persevere in his faith to the end (Acts 2:22; Acts 4:12; Rom. 10:10; II Tim. 1:9; Titus 2:11-12).
- We believe the Church is the local body of baptized believers who work together under the direction of the Holy Spirit to carry out the three primary functions of the church: Exalt the Savior, equip the saints, and evangelize the sinner - this is to be done both locally and worldwide through all appropriate opportunities (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:16; Romans 6:3-6). The Church is provided gifts from the Holy Spirit through its membership which enables it to carry out the full work to which it is called (I Cor. 12).
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that to preserve the function and integrity of [the organization] as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the [the organization] members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by [the organization] in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22).
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return to the earth as He promised. When He returns, it will be in complete victory over sin and the dominion of Satan. Jesus will call His church to Himself, he will judge and destroy the powers of evil including Satan and his demonic angels, and He will establish His eternal kingdom (Phil. 3:20; Col. 3:4; II Tim. 4:1-2, 8 II Peter 3:8-10; Rev. 16:15). He will sit as the final judge of all who have lived. The saints will live forever in Christ’s kingdom, and the unrepentant sinner will spend eternity in hell (Matt. 25: 41,46; Mark 9:43; Rev. 20:15).